Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Cougar...on Feminist Blogging

I suppose I've been a feminist my whole life but didn't really begin to embrace the F-word until my college years, when I began to understand the meaning behind it. Being a feminist is basically--me fighting for equal rights among the sexes…the want to not be discriminated against because of what is between my legs.

Blogging for feminism is just part of my activism. I would say that all day every day I'm throwing my Vs up...spreading knowledge about the need for equality and feminism. My blog putyourvsup.blogspot.com allows me to put my feminist ramblings into words, it’s an outlet to the blogosphere. Blogging has given me courage to know that I'm not alone, in fact there are many men and women out there fight for equality in various ways.

The art of mastering the blogosphere is one that I haven’t got down, but I’m working on it. There’s tools everywhere and once you start blogging and surfing the web, you’ll be amazed at the resources you find out there about things that you’re actually passionate about—I’m telling you it’s inspirational.

Yeah sure I was scared to be discriminated against and yeah I get made fun of for it and called a dyke but w/e I know who I am and what I stand for...and lets face it if you don’t stand up for yourself, then who will?

So stand up for what you believe in, I promise it will make you feel a lot better about your life--and who knows maybe even change the world a little.

As for myself, I'll continue to spread feminism...one V at a time.

No comments: