Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Watch Your Step After Dark

If you're in the Boston area, breathing and have a vagina you've probably been told this news story by concerned friends and family who keep up on the news. Yes..another assault has occurred along the Esplanade in the wee hours of the morning.

I'm just taking the time to remind all you ladies to not walk alone at night if it's not necessary...Oh wait, you already knew that? Duhhh!! Most females know it's dangerous to walk alone at night. It's just not fair that having a vagina makes you handicap and incapable of making it home safely.

Everytime I leave my friend's house, a bar etc. and it's late and I'm alone..hell yeah I'm scared of what's lurking in the dark. But I've still walked home and I'm thankful every time I make it safely to my front door.

This whole violence against women/rape culture that we live in is pathetic. No wonder men have more money than women it's because women have spend all their money on cabs---well ya know what I'm saying.

I wish we all lived in a world where things like this didn't happen..but we don't. So our best defense if we must walk at night, be proactive about it.
-Have your keys (or another sharp, painful object) and cell in hand (with local police set on one of your speed dials)
-get pepper spray
-walk the long way, if it's more lit and populated
-fuck it, walk in the street, so people can't snatch you from the sidewalk
-don't wear your hair in a long ponytail or braid (easier target-can be grabbed)

to all you fellow nightly walking women..be safe and stay strong

No comments: